2017 Franco-American Fellows!
Congratulations to the Eleanor Kirkpatrick Franco-American Fellows Class of 2017. The students will travel to France to conduct their research and will be accompanied by Peggy Whittington of Edmond Memorial and Santa Fe High Schools. We would also very much like to send two additional outstanding students, alternates as well. Please consider a tax free donation to the Alliance Française for this fund. We applaud all students and teachers who guided their students through the application process. We were so impressed with the quality of applicants.
- Paige Frey, Edmond Memorial, "World War I and the Resilience of Picardy"
- Hannah Jordan, Casady School, “A Socioeconomic Comparison of Single-Parenting between France and the United States”
- Kate Lytle, Putnam City North, “Differences in Family Dynamics and Parenting Styles"
- Tyler Riat, Edmond North, “A Study of LGBT Equality in France”
- Lyndsey Speer, Stillwater High School, “Student Involvement and Awareness in Politics”
The following are our first and second alternates.
- Gavin Hetzler, Edmond Memorial, “Influence of Gothic Architecture”
- Claire Jackson, Heritage Hall, “How do the ISIS terrorist attacks affect the daily life of a high school student?”